As a 9-year-old I dreaded the idea of hitting double digits on my 10th birthday. I actually remember crying about it to my parents. Ages 0 through 9 had been so wonderful. Who knew what my next decade held? So my parents humored me. After my mom made my birthday cake (white on white, always), my dad icing-ed "9+" onto it in his signature bubble letters. And they let me be 9+ until I felt ready to call myself 10. (Which, by the way, was before my 11th birthday. I was never 9++.)
Workin' those corduroy overalls.
And even though I once hated the idea of double digits, I'm super excited about reaching triple digits — in blog followers, of course! (I've said for a while that once I hit 100 followers, I will let myself feel less weird about the fact that I write about my life on the internet. So here I go attempting that.)
Just wanted to thank everyone who reads and (I hope) enjoys this blog. It has been such a fun outlet for me.
In celebration of reaching 100 followers, here's a look at what kind of posts are ahead:
- More Glamour & Grammar
- Glamour & Grammar & Gavin DeGraw
- My Personal Grammar Gaffes (alternate title: A Whole Nother Side of Me)
- Cooking for One (alternate title: Cereal for Dinner)
- Weekly Roundup Series
- A Friday series in which I post links to the best things I've found online that week.
- Letters to Boys
- A series in which I write brief letters to the entire male population of the world. (Because there are just some things that guys need to know but for some reason do not know. For example, there are better options than hair gel.)
So come along with me as I muse and enthuse and too frequently share more than should be shared. And thanks again for all your support!